Monday, September 22, 2008

Tale of an Italian chef with no wooden spoon...



So food here on the island is actually pretty good. But I'm cheap so I have decided to buy some stuff to cook and save some buck while I'm at it. Probably not the best idea. Apparently since I have left Canada, I have also left all my cooking knowledge there as well.

Here is a little tale of one of my better cooking stories:

Since there is a really small, disgusting kitchen by my house, I decided to become the Martha Stewart of microwave cooking. Seems easy really. Put a bunch of stuff in a bowl, add water, put the lid half on, set it and forget it. Not quite. I made rice the other night, which actually turned into a small fire, shattered bowl, beautifully stained microwave, and me having to aerate my room for 2 days. (See microwave photo below).

So Dear Uncle Ben's rice company, your instructions are WRONG!! That is all.

Thankfully I called a friend in a frantic panic, room full of smoke and no food in my belly. He came over with some delicious chicken chow mien and made fun of me for hours (thanks Brent).

So a few days later I tried an easier recipe, a nice warm, steaming hot bowl of Sh... I mean Chef Boyrdee. Gross! Definitely not Giovanni's style pasta.

So enjoy the pictures below and think of me next time you have delicious food as I will be snacking on a banana.

No comments: