Tuesday, September 9, 2008

First stop: BARBADOS!!

Since we are travelling down to the Caribbean, we might as well do an over night in a beautiful resort on one of the most beautiful bodies of water that I have even seen! The extremely salty water was a bit much for me, so I spent most of my time in the 5, that's right 5, hotel pools. Amazing!

Here are some of the stories that happened in Barbados:

We didn't get off on a great start, our flight got delayed for 6 hours (!!!!) in Toronto, for a plethora of reasons, all rediculous I might add. So we didn't arrive in Barbados until 8pm. But we rushed to the pool and made the best of our time there anyways, until I found out that the hotel pool closed at 9, which is crazy, so we basically just had some dinner and rested up for the next long day ahead.

So the next morning I was up at 7am ready to hit the beach! It was a gorgeous day and there were next to no one on the beach. I started off in the pool and slowly braved myself into the sea. After swallowing about 5 gallons of salt water and seeing a dozen or so families of craps walking all over the beach I decided to lay pool side with my mom. Slowly the waves in the sea got larger and larger. My dad had the great idea to head back out in the water and "ride the waves". Until this one wave came, looked to be about 5 feet taller than us (we are short so by sheer comparison the wave seemed huge), we knew we had to get out of the way, so my dad decided to hold his breath and go under, while I decided to jump it....bad move. The wave picked me right out of the water and conveniently dropped me right where my dad was holding his breath under water. I could do nothing to stop myself so I just shrugged my shoulders and slammed my 130lbs butt into my dad's back. Then I continued to barral roll until I could finally stand up. Once standing I bursted out in a fit of laugher as my dad finally stood up with the most hilarious look on his face, and all he could say was..."you sat on me!!!"

Way too much fun! Sorry Papa!

But the remainder of our day was just as interesting. Good food, beautiful sun, and amazing entertainment. I'd go back!

So please enjoy the pictures and tell your friends about the great times to be had in Barbados!

No comments: